Pieris (Andromeda): Leaf spot
revision date: 2022-12-03 12:00
Leaf spot of andromeda is a fungal disease causing necrotic (dead) spots on the leaves. Spots are circular or angular in outline, and typically are red to brown, sometimes with silvery-gray centers. Fruiting structures of the fungus may occasionally be seen as small black dots on the silvery portion of the spots.
Use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for successful plant problem management.
Select non-chemical management options as your first choice!
- Provide proper cultural care for plants, including proper fertilization and irrigation. A healthy plant is more resistant to disease.
- Clean up and destroy fallen diseased leaves to prevent spread of fungus.
- Prune out and destroy affected leaves when practical.
- Avoid overhead irrigation, or limit it to times when foliage can dry quickly.
IMPORTANT: Visit Home and Garden Fact Sheets for more information on using pesticides.
- Apply at first appearance of disease.
Listed below are examples of pesticides that are legal in Washington. Always read and follow all label directions.