Hortsense is a collection of fact sheets designed to aid home gardeners, but unfortunately is not an all-inclusive resource.
- If you are a home gardener, contact a WSU Master Garden Program Answer/Plant Clinic near you. Find Your County | Master Gardener Program | Washington State University (wsu.edu)
Our goal is continuous improvement of Hortsense through the addition new information. We are actively developing the process to include new peer reviewed fact sheets and welcome your input. You may speak with your county WSU Extension Master Gardener coordinator about the best way to submit ideas or request new fact sheets by completing this form.
Yes. When using your browser print function, the page will be displayed in a print friendly view. Follow these basic steps to print the page, create a PDF version or share the page with others.
- Right click in the page and select the print option or find print in your browser’s menu.
- Select an appropriate printer or a “Print to PDF” option.
- If you don’t find a “Print to PDF” option, try one of the free or low-cost PDF printers available online.
- Once a fact sheet is saved as a PDF, you can attach that file to an email like any other document.
- Use your browser’s share functionality to send a link to the fact sheet to an email recipient. You can also copy the fact sheet URL from your browser address bar and paste it into an email.
There is not a specific button to close an enlarged image. Simply select your browser’s back button to return to the previous page.
It is important to use the most up-to-date version of Fact Sheets. Each Fact Sheet viewed on-line contains a “Revision Date” that should be compared to printed versions. If you have a large number of Fact Sheets, you may request a report of Fact Sheet revision dates from the WSU Extension Master Gardener Statewide Program Leader by using this contact form.
Retention of numerous printed copies of Fact Sheets is discouraged due to potential revision date issues.